"What's Written on My Last Page?"


The worship song “From the Inside Out” by Hillsong has been the theme of my time with God during this season.  I had a powerful revelation as a result of these lyrics on Wednesday:  “Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades.  Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame…..”  it is a song of surrendering all to worship and praise God.  I realized that in the midst of so many unanswered questions, fears, and uncertainties there were things I was sure of.  BIG things!  In a profound moment of clarity I saw my life as a book written from the day of my conception until the day of death….I realized that it exists, God sees my life in its fullness.  And the truth hit me that I know some of what is written on the final page of my book.  I know the beginning of the book, the middle is important – it’s my life, I’m living it and so much is yet to be written, but there are some things that are even more certain than the unknown chapters, yet to be written. 

Hope is written on my last page.  I will see hope be victorious throughout my life.  I will experience the truth of those lyrics, that God’s light will be what is left shining when all else fades.  That God’s glory will outlast all other fame.  I know that I will be well loved and I will love others well.

I asked the Holy Spirit to show me more of what is written on the final page of the book of my life.  He said I’ll see healings that would be too great for my current mind to fathom, that I will see revival and see my children minister revival to their generation.  I had a sense of the legacy of my family; of healing, hope, courage and transformational power.  There is more, this is a good question to ask!  I need a few hours with Jesus on the bluffs overlooking Bodega Bay, with the salty wind in my face and the sound of the waves drowning out my shouts.  That day will come, when I ask again to hear about that final chapter.  But here’s what it did in the midst of my Wednesday last week:

The UNKNOWN seems so vast: the chapters that are being written right now, the unfinished ones:

“Brain Surgery & Tumor:  Threat Against My Son's Destiny”

“Phil as a Full-Time Pastor at Grace Fellowship”

“Our Fourth Son” (this chapter is only in its opening lines….he’s not named or born!)

 

There are chapters that I don’t even know if they exist:

“Publishing My First Book”, “The Missionary Adventures of our Family”, “Being a Grandmother”

 

I can begin to be overwhelmed by what is unknown to me today OR I can be empowered by what I DO KNOW today.  There was an incredible peace, confidence and sense of who I truly am that rose up in me as I entertained this idea of what I know about my future and the truths that will exist within me as I pass from earth into the physical presence of Jesus.  It was an escape that allowed me to face my current struggles with faith, purpose, hope and courage. 

You should try it!......                                                and then tell me what it teaches you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose & Resolve

Faith that Protects You