“A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices” - My favorite lyric of all Christmas songs.  Hope – a whisper, distant and quiet. A delicate thread with an imperceptible pull. 

This is not the end

The best is yet to come

I’m going to be ok

It IS working… Don’t give up!

I’m stronger than I think

Nothing is impossible with God

These truths seem small at first, but as I give them my attention, my full gaze, and hold on - The pull intensifies - I am moved from weariness into greater life.

It’s not too late

You are making a difference

Look at how far you’ve come

Never give up

There is an uprising of hope.  Possibility – Potential

Maybe there is more

Perhaps it is better than I can see right now

And that thread of hope becomes a life line.  It moves me from weariness, discouragement and sorrow into hope, gratitude and wonder.

A thrill of hope, my weary soul rejoices.

I give thanks.  I celebrate. And then I choose to continue even while weariness still clings to me and not all things are perfect or settled.  But I am moving towards hope, a better future.  I am well on my way.  The desert is not my home.  I will not remain in the barren wasteland.  I am moving – in that I rejoice.


O holy night, the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior’s birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
Till he appeared and the soul felt its worth.
The thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees,
Oh, hear the angel voices
O night divine,
O night when Christ was born
O night divine,
O night, O night divine.

A moment in time, planned before the creation of the world, when everything shifted!  Hope released – a Savior – Making it possible for you and me to find respite from all things weary and overwhelming.  The power and goodness of God overwhelms whatever overwhelms us, making redemption possible.  Hope was released; the canvas of life and all that is possible, was forever changed. 

“Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Made possible by the release of hope – in baby form – on one holy night.  Eternity was changed; my eternity!  Yours!

Do you feel the thrill of hope?  Does it pull you into greater life?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose & Resolve

Faith that Protects You