Vignettes: - Warmth - Coolness - Strength - Son -

 

Warmth

The sun on my face
The fireplace at night
Leaning into the embrace of my lover
        Penetrating heat
        Security
        Calm and quiet
Touching the depths of me as I linger
I soak in warmth



Coolness

The gentleness of a blowing breeze

Soft and calm on my face

The sound of falling water

The mist that surrounds me

I soak in the peace of stillness

Calm and Cool

I am refreshed



Strength

The rising feeling of potential
            Building on what has come before
Endurance and Testing
Successes and failures
            The reward of Persevering
Growing deeper still
            I feel the increase of strength
I have much more to do!


                                Son

I remember the days of dependence
Sometimes your need overwhelmed me
            Mostly I held you in wonder
                    The joy of your laughter
                    The recognition in your eyes
                    The swell of love rising up
                                    You were a part of me
                                    I am a part of you
        Now I watch you from afar
        I witness the wonder of you
                    Growing           Becoming
                    Defining  Yourself
            I see tiny glimpses of me
            I feel the fierceness of love
       But mostly I stand in wonder of you
       The sheer joy of you  -  
                    Son



Comments

  1. Beautiful. And sweet encouragement for us all to notice what is around us every day—gifts of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Linda, I think we often some of the simple blessings we enjoy each day. Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith that Protects You

Purpose & Resolve