My Heart for You


If I could, I would rescue you
I would carry for you the heaviness that burdens you
It hurts to see you bent; I fear that you will break
My heart longs to be the answer
 
I know that I cannot save you
The help I can offer feels so small
I am diminished by my frustration
I cannot be your rescue
 
My desire has fueled a building anger towards God
What is possible, He has not chosen to do
Your rescue, your healing is well within His hands
And yet completely outside of my grasp
 
If the sheer force of my love for you could apprehend it
If determined faith could pay the price
Or it was allowed for me to take your place
The miracle would be secured and your rescue complete
 
I will wait; with determined hope, I will watch
Again and again, I will ask and pray
I stay tender; welcoming comfort to ease my disappointment
I protect the new faith that springs up – I will not be afraid
 
Is it enough to walk beside you?
My strength, my love, all the hope in my heart
I will offer it to you and I will stay near
Together we will watch for the answer, your rescue and healing
 
You will not be alone; nor will I
Rather than be diminished by what I cannot be for you
I choose to be empowered by what I can be
Love -  A Voice of Hope -  Courage -  A Friend
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose & Resolve

Faith that Protects You