Scandalous Love


Your heart is vast
Endless love contained within you
Poured out on those who receive you
The same as those who reject you
Your eyes that see it all
Yet you love and offer hope, rescue, and a way into peace
It is more than my mind can understand
    The hope you offer knows no bounds – at once marvelous and scandalous
    I consider the sin you will forgive
    The lives you have restored
Your hand expended to those in rebellion, denial and oppression
A boundless love offensive in what it will embrace
There is no despair so great
No choice so horrifying that it could overwhelm the magnitude of your love
My mind cannot comprehend it
But still my eyes can see it
    What is there to say, but yes again to you?!
    Yes! to the God of endless, unintimidated love
    A love that knows no bounds –  at once marvelous and scandalous
I run towards you – not away
I will not let my mind judge a love I cannot fathom
Nor will I hold back from receiving
    Arms held out wide
    I will not withdraw or shy away
    Break me
    Form me
    Mold me into one who loves radically
    Who hopes without restraint
    Forgives lavishly
    Sees the best in even the darkest places
    Believes higher than the circumstances
And. Never. Ever. Gives. Up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose & Resolve

Faith that Protects You