Vignettes

 


Breathe
Quiet
Still
I listen to myself

Alive

The swell and collapse
Provision
Release

I rest
My stillness is so full

It is good to be alive
 
Hope

I hear you:
    “Lift your weary head
    Look up
    See my smile as I look at you
    You are not alone
        Not too far away
        Or forgotten
    I am looking at your future
    Come and look with me”
 
I see the light of promise
    I’m not too late after all
Just in time to see it rising
The day Hope smiled at me
And called me higher
I looked through hope and I could see it too
            It was easy to smile back
 
 
 
Loss

A love so deep it hurts
There is so much more my heart wanted for you
If only you had lived it
So much I would have changed for you if I could

But never would I change the depth of my love for you
Even in the pain
I am forever marked by the joy of loving you
Forever marked by the pain of losing you

I remain here

Loving you still



Faith

I wonder what will happen
            How it will turn out
I wonder if it will be as I hope it will
            Or better…  Or worse…
I wonder what is coming
            And how I get through
This is my moment of power
    Wonder or Worry
    Fear or Faith
One will overwhelm the other
I choose where to look
I know well the extent of what I can do!

I wonder –
            God, what will You do?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose & Resolve

Faith that Protects You