Cost of Love

 


Love has formed me – it has also deformed me

I was made in love – yet love was nearly my undoing

I have been dearly loved  and I have loved dearly

Love has given life and song to the deepest places in me

My unspoken dreams have birthed my greatest joys because of love

 

Love has set me free

But I bear the scars of love as well

Why is it that those who love you most can also hurt you the most deeply?

Love is a risk; with cost and reward

The risk of pain, betrayal and loss

I have paid dearly for loving and being loved

 

Even those payments have had their return

I have been one to take the risk

To love and love again

To forgive and trust again

To believe that love is worth the risk

I have tasted richly of the reward of loving and being loved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose & Resolve

Faith that Protects You