Letting Go


I’m tied up in knots and tired of pulling
        Trying to unwind and instead getting tighter
I’m weary of being angry and sad

My pain needs to be comforted and healed
         I cannot help myself
This mess is bigger than I can fix or solve

I come to my God; my source and my answer
        You alone are my hope
You are the one who leads me forward

From my place of pain, sorrow and loss
        Pain and disappointment
Mystery and betrayal


I seek you for comfort only you can give
        I am tired of trying on my own
I’m asking for help and I want to receive it


I lay down my anger
            And the hurt that is beneath it
I lay down my defensiveness
            And the blame that causes it
I surrender my demand for understanding
            I let the questions remain unanswered
I quiet my tongue from blaming and demanding resolution


I lift my eyes from my pain and focus them on the hope I see in you
        I release my grip on what I want and what I think I need
I open my hands out to you

I need help
            I wait with hope
                        For you are my answer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith that Protects You

Purpose & Resolve