Hope Lights My Way

 


Your glory pours out in love by the revelation of your voice
        You have made me wealthy - For I hear your voice
The very whispers of your heart
You are not hidden or far from me
I walk towards you and find
        You are already on your way to me
        In a rush of love – with arms open wide
You invite me deeper into an everlasting love
 
Thank you for your voice
        For the promise of your words
        They are my life - My every step – My ability to move
The hope that lights my way
 
Let me remain in step with your voice
        Not out ahead – forging my own way
        Not lagging behind – in hesitation or regret
Faith is my companion – I believe you speak to me
        You are trustworthy and steadfast
I only look back to see the history of your faithfulness to me
Hope moves me forward and lights the path ahead
I wonder at your plans for me – the goodness that awaits me
 
Your truth defends me
        You know me by my strengths
You have written the story of my redemption
        For your love has been poured out on the wounds of my rebellion
The scars of my independence have been bound with your compassion
        The tenderness of your love with the power of your forgiveness has healed me
I am whole
 
I clothe myself in your love - Define myself by your words
Your words shape the wonder I hold for the future and cover the valleys of my past
 
Rain down your words on me
        Surround me with your truth
        I will walk in the freedom of your love
And hope in you will light my way

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith that Protects You

Purpose & Resolve