For My Son

    


My love for you is fierce and unyielding; nothing tames it’s strength

You are a wonder to me – I am so grateful for the gift of you in my life

Loving you has changed me, formed me into who I am and yet we are still growing and discovering life together

Your years of dependence on me were a treasured gift and yet a great challenge

I poured myself into you and still there is so much I have to give you

Your growing independence stretches me and thrills me at the same time

There is much you can and will do for yourself

My greatest hope is that you continue to find strength, love, acceptance and wisdom flowing from me to you

No matter how big and strong you are, and will become

The love and hope I have for you will be greater still

I wish you adventure

Experiences that teach you and fill you with awe and wonder

Adventure that grows you more fully into who you are destined to be

I wish you companionship and friendship

You are a leader and will always find it easy to have friends, but I hope you always have a faithful few, to uphold you, remind you of the truth when you are weary and accompany you in every season of life

I wish you love

The kind of love that builds you up on the inside, strong and sure of who you are

Love that is full of wonder and joy; a love that laughs and dances inside of you

I wish you joy

Joy that is deeper than the feelings produced by events or interactions

A joy that wells up from within you and overwhelms the adversity and details in your life

I wish you joy that is strength inside of you – and spills out to those around you

I wish you peace

               An anchor deep inside of you that holds you secure in all circumstances

               A faith that is unshakable and unyielding

You will always have my heart and I hope that truth will bring you courage and make you bold

We will learn and grow together and I will always be the greatest fan of who you are and who you are becoming

In all that is yet to be discovered – your future and all that is ahead of you

These will remain my greatest hopes for you

I love you beyond measure and I am deeply proud of who you are

Comments

  1. A Mother's love.....nothing better❤❤🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading an leaving a comment. I agree - there is nothing better than the giving and receiving of love!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose & Resolve

Faith that Protects You