Vignettes

 



Fear
Beneath the fear I listen and hear the questions of my heart
        My vulnerability lies exposed
Hiding within the questions, I discover what I value most
This is the true treasure
       To know the things that matter most to me
        A nugget of solid gold
I can choose to speak it out
       And work back up through the vulnerability and questions, 
       past the fears and find a solution to the stress
OR I can choose fear again
I can cover my discovery with insecurity and fear
       defend it with stress and anger
I choose to risk for freedom
I will speak


       Longing - 
 
            Longing is when you say goodbye 
        even as you want to hold tighter and never let go
            Longing is watching a part of your heart go beyond you
                    and feel the sorrow mix with anticipation and gratitude
            Freedom is when you celebrate
                Though your heart is longing
 


ALIVE
 
Alive is greater than breathing,
    More than a heart beating and pumping
Alive is more than feeling
Alive is dreaming and growing
Alive is being and moving
Discovery and Anticipation
           Alive is a wonder
That pulses with Hope
I feel my spirit alive
 

-  Dream  -
I dream a dream I can’t quite capture
Words are inadequate and as it is they are too fast to record
I feel a feeling of something greater, faster
Bigger even still
And so I lean in
I cease all striving
I will not try to capture, contain or describe it
Instead, I will live it
I enjoy the rush of what is swirling around me
I let it go unquantified, undescribed,
Vague and mystical
Free
I will let it be

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose & Resolve

Faith that Protects You