Love Already Won



I believe that this is what true love is: a determined choice to grow with someone, to decide in advance that you will forgive and persevere. Love is willing to grow, change and become TOGETHER, to give yourself fully and receive someone as a precious gift.  Love decides in advance to remain close amid adversity, to hold on and believe that victory is coming. 
I wrote this for my husband, it is personal...and yet it is general too. These are the words I hear love speaking whether to a spouse, child, parent or friend.  THIS is the love I pray each person experiences. 


I have already decided

I’ve made up my mind

I love you

I want you

I will be by your side

We will change and grow

But this truth will never change:

I trust you

I celebrate you

I am proud to stand by your side

You have made mistakes; so have I

We have been angry, made bad choices and worked through the messes we’ve caused

We have forgiven

We have comforted and loved

We have been restored

I will not give up on you nor will I let you go

I need you and want you – just as much as I know you need me

I am not weighing or measuring

The good and the bad

Love has decided

I have made up my mind

I am with you and together we will grow and become

All that is known, together with all that is not

I have committed to you

I have joined my life to yours

We will gather strength from our past and keep growing together into our future

I am not waiting to see what will come

Without hesitation, with no reservation

I’ve already decided

I’ve given myself to you

I love you

I receive your love

I believe we are stronger together

I am bold enough to believe that even in our weakest places

The combined force of you and I partnered in love

Will bring overcoming, decisive, joy-filled victory

 

Love has already won

We’ve made up our minds

 

For Phillip with all my love

Lisa          Feb.2024


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose & Resolve

Faith that Protects You