Vignettes


Here are four more short little poems, Vignettes, to help draw your heart and spirit out, separate from your thinking mind...May you be encouraged, and liberated into a little more of the goodness and wonder of living in the fullness of hope.


Stillness
Stillness is when you hear the sound of who you are
Underneath all the sounds of you living your life
Brave is the choice to remain there for a moment
Appreciate all that you have, all that you are
All that is to come



I Will Be Free

Forgiveness is freedom
    I will no longer pay
    Nor will I stay
        In this dark prison of pain
I release myself from being tethered to you
    Your punishment is not mine to give
        I don’t want to suffer the weight of your death anyway
I cannot wait
    Yours is not my battle any longer

I will be free of you
    And no longer pay for all that you have taken away

This is my time
    I give myself what hating you could never give me
Freedom
    I untangle myself from you
    I walk away
Free


- Wings    -

Wings are meant for flying 

I have places to go
Too far for walking
Too high for climbing

Vistas are calling my name
Unseen places waiting
A feeling beckoning me afar

I am finding my wings
For I am meant to soar


Open Hands
I want to live with my hands open
    I will not hold you so tightly
    I could never contain you, nor would I want to
I want your hands open too
    Open so that you can reach for me
I will hold you when you need holding
I will be held by you as well


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose & Resolve

Faith that Protects You