Apathy: Enemy of Faith

 

Faith pulls the unseen closer. Faith wants more. Apathy is settling for what you have. Apathy is contentment. Faith is risk. Faith is a hunger that drives you farther and deeper. Faith believes that there is more to be experienced. Apathy tells you to be happy with what you have and either that there is no more, or, that it is too hard to access more.

Apathy is an enemy of faith. I am convinced that it is healthy to be aware and take action in the places where we are tempted to feel apathetic. If we truly believe what the scripture says:

·                   that all things are possible with God (Mark 10:27, 14:26)

·                   that all things are possible for those who believe (Mark 9:23)

·                   that God is limitless (1Kings 8:27, Psalm 147:5, Ephesians 3:20)

Then we should be cautious of apathy, as it will erode and diminish our faith.

These are the questions I am asking myself:

Where am I at risk of being apathetic?  In what areas of my life do I feel content?

Where have I settled for what I have, even though I once dreamed for more?

And then I’m asking God:

Are you content with these areas of my life?

Do you have more for me?

I want to be led by faith. Faith is our access to God Himself, as well as all the resources of heaven. I believe that there is no end to the amount of God we can know and experience. If He is limitless, then faith is also without limit; unless we choose to limit ourselves! Apathy puts the brakes on our faith; telling us that we should not believe for more than what we currently have.

Faith can lead us into the depths and heights of God. The only questions remaining are these: “Are you content with what you now have in God” & “How much of Him do you want?”

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith that Protects You

Purpose & Resolve