Lisa Bird

 

If I could fly – I would
I would dart quickly from tree to tree
I might land and sit
But then I’d fly again
Nearly forgetting the feet tucked up beneath me
I would see the tops of trees
And hide within the highest branches
I would learn where to wait in the wind and rain
Feel the sun’s warmth on my wings and the first drops of rain
I would spread my wings and fly
 
If I could fly – I would
I’d fly with the wind
Then I’d fly against it
Testing the strength of my wings
I’d skim the water of a lake
Dart through the mist of waterfalls
I would fly through the damp colors of the rainbows
Bathing myself in colors
Rejoicing in the return of sunshine
 
If I could fly – I would
I would soar high on the currents
The air lifting me, carrying me
I would rest; my wings outstretched
And ride the momentum of wind and heights
I would look down on tree tops
Fly through the depths of clouds, just to see them from above
I would savor the feeling of strength, wearing myself out
The thrill of diving
The choice to land
…or not

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith that Protects You

Purpose & Resolve