Hope

 


When I felt sure that darkness would win for good

Hope rescued me

               From fear and pain

               From hate and shame

Hope called to me

Through all the questions and the doubts

Louder than the lies that shouted and tore me down

Deeper than the rules, both those broken & kept

Hope called me home

Hope reminded me who I am

Hope set me free

To love and be loved

To dream and believe

Hope held my heart, healed my sorrow and set me free to live

 

That first time, again today and a thousand times between;

Hope has rescued me from disappointment, pain and questions

Hope has been my answer in grief, fear and strife

Hope has called me home

To God’s goodness and deep love

 Hope has rescued me

 

 

Lisa Smith

April 16, 2014

Comments

  1. 🔥❤️ Thanks Lisa - you are a hope steward on our planet! That’s for helping us look up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith that Protects You

Purpose & Resolve