Will it Be Today?


 My heart aches for these ones I love

So in need of healing

We cry out for the answer of your touch

Healing is in your hands my God

Will it be today?

In the face of unanswered question - uncertain futures - threats against their lives

They persist in calling out

Hoping -  Praying  - Waiting

Will it be today?

Tumors  -  Cancer  -  Chronic Pain

Organ failing - Empty womb  -  Eyesight fading

Addiction -  Depression -  My list goes on and on

They trust and wait

We ask with faith

Let it be Today!

At times my hope is high

A light that guides my prayers

You are healer, redeemer and friend

You see and know

Your strength upholds

I trust them to you with hope

 

But then there are times I wonder

My faith is dim and thin

Why do you delay?

My heart breaks at all that is required

It is too much to bear – yet they continue to stand

Anger taints my prayers

Why is it not today?

Do you see what they endure?

Truly feel their pain?

How much longer will it be?

I scream

Let it be today!

My hope whispers to me quietly

I will not remain in anger -  as I feel this pain

All the prayers unanswered

The “todays” that fade away


There is no other hope I turn to

I will choose to stay

In steadfast faith – My hope alive

Today May Be The Day…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose & Resolve

Faith that Protects You